Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hybrid Projects

I have been playing around with knooking and crochet in one project.




Knooked Granny Square

By
Ronda Chapman
OfftheHookArt 2010
Supplies:
G Knooking Hook
Worst Yarn
8 Stitch Markers

Notes:
Advanced Pattern
You should know how to Knook (knitting with a crochet hook) or how to knit and crochet.
** Repeat
( ) All in one space
PM = Place Marker
Makes a square about 5 1/2 by 5 1/2

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Crochet
1) Using a Magic ring, hook on a Ch 3, dc,ch2 *2dc,ch2* ** three more times. Join with a slip stitch in ch 3.
2) Slip stitch over to the ch 2 space. (ch 3, dc, ch2, 2dc in ch2sp), *ch 1 (2dc,ch2,2dc in ch2sp)* **Repeat around. Slip stitch in back loop of ch 3.
Knooking AKA Knitting
3) Back loops only Knit to ch 2 sp (in ch2 sp-PM knit in1st ch,yo, PM knit in 2nd ch) *knit to next ch2 sp (PM knit in 1st ch,yo,PM knit in 2nd ch)* ** Repeat around.
4) Knit
5) *Knit to corner,PM,yo,knit,yo,PM* **around .
6) Knit
7) *knit to corner, PM,yo,knit,yo,knit,yo,knit,yo, PM* ** around.
8) Knit

Crochet
9) *Sc to corner,3sc in corner* ** around.
Fasten off and Weave ends and Block.


 

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love it. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Would you know how I would make this a bigger square? I think I will practice the 5 in first than see if i can make it bigger. Thanks for sharing this pattern. It is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't be any trouble making it bigger. You could start off by making th granny square bigger. Then evenly add YOs in knitted corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi their i am new at knooking and i would love to know more. I have a tone of questions
    thank you
    -Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any questions you have might be found here or my ebook on Etsy. Also the "knooking" group on Raverly site of which a help co-moderate will have plenty of help for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely squarer. I have saved the pattern. I have not yet "knooked" but I think I will try this craft.
    toklatkate

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be nice if this wasn't a black background. Uses to much in ink to print and jumping up to look at the pattern on line is too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned to cheat. I save the pattern on a Word document or in Note Pad and print from there after I have changed to my preferred font and size. I also have One Note from Microsoft and keep patterns sorted using that.

      Delete
  8. It would be helpful if you could include pics

    ReplyDelete