Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Crochet Rose Incorportated in Knooking


 

 

Rose Incorporated in Knooking

You can put your rose anywhere on your knooked fabric.
Step 1: Knook to one place before where you want rose.
Step 2: Pull hook through (gives you room to work)
Step 3: Chain 10 on next stitch
Step 4: Crochet Rose
Skip 1st chain, *3dc in next ch,slip stitch in next chain* * * continue to end.

Step 5: Roll rose petals to form rose

Step 6: Put your hook through center and somewhere in middle (stops rose from unrolling)
Yo pull working yarn through everything on your hook. Rose made continue knooking.
NOTE: If you want more petals 2 chain=1 petal

3 comments:

  1. Your hybrid projects are amazing. One of my goals in 2012 is to really learn how to knook. I have done a few swatches but then had to get down to some serious crocheting to get my Christmas stuff finished. I just love this whole technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey rhonda! I found your blog from ravelry & am excited bc I got a knook hook for Christmas. I've been knitting & crocheting for a few years but want to give knooking a try. I do have a few
     questions though
    1. When I move my stitches to the cording my yarn ends up in the front, I have to turn it to the back (for the knit stitch) is that normal?

    2. My stitches almost collapse or shrink of the cording. I have to kind push a little hard to insert the hook so it doesn't feel like smooth movements. Any advice?

    3.when you started did you get neck, shoulderblade, & thumb strain/pain? Will it go away?

    4. Does it stop feeling so akward?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tonya.
    1) Honestly I haven't had any of the troubles you are having. Maybe a thicker cording? I use a dress shoelace. If you are a member of Ravelry there is a group for knooking. Others might have suggestions for you there. All I can say is practice, practice, practice. I do hold my fabric just under the stitches with my free hand if that is any help? See pics in blog and the placement of my hands,yarn and fabric.
    2) I have not had any pain assoicated with knooking.
    3)Knooking never has felt akward to me. I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete