By Ronda Chapman
#10 cotton thread or punch thread
B- Variegated brown or your main body color choice. You could use #10 cotton with sewing thread.
Stuffing or Cotton Balls and/or pipe cleaners
2 Small Beads or Embroidery Thread for eyes.
Intermediate: Due to the size, Sauerkraut is just 3 Inches tall. And as thin as a pinky finger.
Notes: With this pattern you start at the feet. You could also do this pattern in a worst yarn with a G hook.
Legs- Make 2, Body, Neck and Head
Rnd 1: With color A Chain 2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (6sc)
Rnd 2-4: Sc around, change to color B.
Rnd 5-12: With color B Sc around, fasten off, lightly stuff or use pipe cleaner’s to make bendable. Make the 2nd leg the same as the 1st, but do not bind off.
13: (end of 2nd leg) Chain 1, flatten leg, 3 sc across full thickness of leg to close off, continue across 1st leg. The 2nd leg should now be joined to the 1st, total of 6sc across. Do not bind off continue to body. There are 6sc, if you work front and back loops there are 12 stitches available.
Rnd 14: Chain 1, Sc around, front then back loops, working in the round. (12sc) (Body) Lightly Stuff.
Rnd 15-22: Sc around (both loops) (12sc)
Rnd 23 Dec around (6sc) (Neck)
Rnd 24: Inc around (12 sc)
Rnd 25-27: Sc around (12sc) (Head)
Rnd 28: Change to color A, Sc around. Lightly Stuff
Rnd 29: Dec around (6sc) Fasten off, leaving a long tail to weave back and forth of front loops, tighten, tie off and hide tail inside of the monkey.
With color B- 3 sc into the side of body at Rnd 21, run stitches horizontal so the arms lay to the side.
Rnd 2: Chain 1, Sc in front then back loops, working the round (6sc)
Rnd 3-8: Sc around.
Rnd 9-12: Change to color A, Sc around, bind off. Stuff or use pipe cleaner. Leaving a long tail, weaving in and out front loops, tighten, tie off and hide tail inside arm.
Do the other arm the same way.
Muzzle and Monkey’s Bottom
Rnd 1: Color C, Ch 3, 2sc in 2nd chain from hook. 1 sc in next, working other side of the chain, 2 sc, 1 sc in last. Join to 1st sc, tie off. (6sc)
Rnd 2: Color A, 2 sc, sc around (9sc) Tie off leaving a long tail to sew on monkey.
1st one sew on lower part of head.
2nd one sew on monkey’s bottom.
Ears- Make 2
Rnd 1: With color B Chain 2, 3 sc, slip stitch in 2nd chain from hook. Fasten off leaving a tail to sew on sides of the head.
Rnd 1: With color A and B Chain 12, drop B continue with A Chain 5 now slip stitch back up the tail picking A back up when you come to it.
Fasten off, leaving a long tail to sew on the monkeys bottom.
Use French knots or use small beads for eyes.
#10 Cotton thread
#10 Crochet Hook
( ) In same space
1) (Dc in 4th ch from hook, ch2, dc) * Ch 1, skip 2dc (dc, ch2, dc)* ** to end. Ch 1 Turn
2) Sl st in 1st ch 2 space, (Ch 3, counts as 1st dc, 6dc) * Sc in ch 1 sp, 7 dc in ch 2 space* ** to end. Sl st, fasten off, leaving a tail. Roll up petals to form a rose. Using tail sew bottom of rose in a star formation to keep rose in position. Put aside.
2) *Sc in back loop of next 6 sc, 3sc in back loop of next sc, sc in back loop of the next 5 sc, ch3, turn* ** once more.
3) Sc in back loops of the next 6 sc, sl st both loops at end of leaf.
4) Make a ch to length needed for book.
5) Sc in 2nd ch from hook. Ch 1 Turn.
6) (Working in sc at the end of long chain) 6 sc in front loop, 5 sc in back loop (12sc) Join with a sl st to 1st sc.
7) *Ch 3, 2 dc in next stitch, ch3 sl st in 3rd ch from hook, 2dc in next stitch, ch 3 sl st in same stitch of 2 dc’s* ** repeat to make 5 leafs. Last ch 3 sl st to bottom of 1st leaf, cut fasten off leaving a long tail to sew to bottom of the rose. Hide ends.
You could lightly scent with your favorite perfume, or a very small drop of rose essential oil. To make it smell like the real thing. I scent them and put them in a gift box.
Do what you want with the finished bookmark but please do not copy or sell pattern, instead share a link here.
Bead BookMark Thong